13 September 2008

Writer's Block



I am actually laughing out loud right now as I sit here staring at my computer screen, and have been for the last 1/2 hour. The one thing I, and everyone else, can always count on is my never being at a loss for words, or so I thought. Things just fly out of my mouth and often times, I know not where they come from. My mouth moves way faster than my brain. I "warn" everyone about my tourette's syndrome,(it is much easier than explaining my "issues") especially when they start giving me that look, the one I have become all too familiar with. It is a very awkward look, and you can tell that they are not sure if they should laugh at me or laugh with me. But they almost always look down to see if I have marks on my ankles from "the cuffs."

I am chalking tonight up to the newness of my blog, the pressure to "perform." Not unlike a first date where you make every attempt to be someone (anyone) that you are not. Okay, pre 40, at least. Now it's every man for himself. If you are not prepared to pay for my lobster, then you might ought to think about taking me to Bubba's BBQ. I am so over the little side salad and water with lemon.

I absolutely loved the liberation that came with my 40's. I NEVER cease to amaze myself; everyday is an adventure.I cower to NO ONE and am definitely a force to be reckoned with. I've earned it...God knows, I have earned it. A lot like the elderly who pass gas standing right next to you in the card aisle and then look at you like, "Yes, can I help you?" They've earned the right. Although, I am pretty sure that I hope to never become that liberated. Who knows, by that age, they might not even call it gas anymore, but rather, death rattles. It no longer makes me giggle like it did in my 20's and 30's. Now I find myself wanting to high five 'em!

I love old people. I love their wisdom, their spirit and their stories. I "navigate" their wrinkles as though their face were a road atlas, wondering what was around every bend. I wonder how many dead ends they stumbled upon in their life, how many accidents, if any, occurred. I wonder if they EVER ran out of gas!

Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you, I also have "ToWrites Syndrome," which is why I have a WARNING on my blog. I just can't help myself and at this juncture... I gotta be me! Hey! At least I haven't started committing random acts of flatulence yet!

The Paper Whisperer

2 comments:

Angie Ledbetter said...

Very nice with the scrolling effect on the blog. But...dear love..you need to make an immediate correction on your "About Me" description. There's a big, fat Greek typo! It says you graduated Summa Cum Laud from the SOHK. Please change "Laud" to "Loud" ASAP.

Love ya! ;)

The Paper Whisperer said...

Dear Angie....I failed Latin. It was ALL "Greek" to me! Hope you are racking 'em up right now! Viva Lost Wages! hahahaha